Pathology of the spine always deliver a lot of inconvenience. Shooting in different parts of the ridge, burning or stinging significantly worsen the quality of life, limiting the mobility of the body. Painkillers for back pain can help reduce spinal discomfort and improve well-being. The main thing is to prevent overdose, and take into account possible contraindications.
- Classification of painkillers;
- Drugs of narcotic action.
Pathologies of the spinal column always have expressive symptoms. The leading sign of negative processes in the back is pain of a different nature and localization. Any therapy is prescribed to help relieve the patient’s condition.
All pain medications are divided into two large groups – analgesics that do not produce a narcotic effect and drugs of narcotic action. Pay attention! Drug treatment is prescribed by a doctor after an examination. Therefore, it is not necessary to try to eliminate undiagnosed pathology with anesthetics.
For analgesics that do not cause a narcotic effect, include such drugs:
- non-steroid group tablets, which not only anesthetize, but also relieve swelling of the affected tissues, reduce inflammation (Diclofenac, Askofen, Ibuprofen, Dikloberl, Indometacin, Tempalgin, Analgin, Baralgin);
- antispasmodics that relax the muscles of the back, thereby effectively suppressing pain syndrome;
- anti-inflammatory drugs that have a less pronounced analgesic effect, and a more effective effect on inflammation in the back (Indomethacin, Celebrax, Meloxicam, Nise);
- corticosteroids – Ambene, Akriderm SC, Aldecine, Beclason – means that not only relieve swelling in the affected area and anesthetize, but also prevent further development of the disease.
Drugs of narcotic action
Effective drugs that are powerful analgesic medicine against pronounced discomfort in the back. They are divided into strong, medium (combined) and weak drugs.
Strong pain pills – Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl – relieve intense attacks in the back, acting on the processes of the spinal cord and nerve endings in the vertebrae. The use of potent opioid pills is recommended in cases where the anesthesia with other drugs has not brought results.
Combined and weak-acting drugs (tramadol, hydrocodone, codeine, propoxyphene) are also effective in alleviating the condition in case of serious pathologies of the back. They contain a lower dose of morphine, which makes the analgesic effect less lasting.
Important! Opioid drugs negatively affect the human nervous system, destroying it. Their prolonged use causes drug addiction. Therefore, they are sold strictly by prescription, and are used in extreme cases.
The main purpose of pain pills is to remove muscle tone, which due to inflammation increases and provokes a strong pressure on the nerve fibers between the vertebrae. Analgesics and opioids do not cure the disease itself, but contribute to the relief of a serious condition. They are used in combination with antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs.